Quality promotional materials for events can help your business attract new clients and talent. Whether you are promoting your business at a conference, career fair or other large event, using promotional materials such as branded tablecloths, banners and signs will greatly enhance your presence. Of course, when you invest in quality promotional items, you want to make sure they stay in excellent condition for a long time.
Here are some tips to save money, time and effort in the future by re-using your promotional materials.
Quality tablecloths, whether branded or not, are necessary for any tabling events that your business might attend. If you think about it, they are the first thing a customer sees when they look at your table. They add an element of professionalism by tying your display together.
A common type of promotional tablecloth is a dye-sublimated table throw. To ensure your tablecloth is fresh and ready to go for continued use, follow these general rules:
- To remove wrinkles, opt for a fabric steamer or cool iron. Hot irons can often damage the overall material and any designs and logos.
- If you need to iron a printed design, place an extra layer of fabric between the iron and your tablecloth. Do not iron directly on the design.
- Remove any debris with a soft brush.
- Try to clean your tablecloth from the back side, rather than directly treating the front design.
- Try not to use a stain treatment unless absolutely necessary. If you must, use light patting motions with a clean cloth. Be sure to remove all cleaning solutions from the fabric before drying.
- Always check the care instructions on the label, but most of the time you should not dry clean your tablecloth. Instead, machine wash the fabric with mild soap and cool water. Tumble dry on low and ensure the fabric is fully dry before storing. Otherwise, your tablecloth may obtain mildew if it remains damp before storage.
Banners are great promotional materials for events—especially in large venues. They are versatile and can stand next to or hang in front of a table display or be displayed on a raised frame behind a table. Banners can also be used as sponsor signs for outdoor fences.
Banners generally come in two different types:
- Vinyl is the most common banner printing material. Many companies use scrim vinyl, which is made by adding a thin layer of mesh between two layers of vinyl. Vinyl banners are ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. With care, banners can be rolled up and used at various events – even shipped in tubes if needed.
- Mesh banners are made of strong polyester material with crisscrossed fibers, creating a pattern of small holes that provide maximum airflow. They are most commonly seen in outdoor, high-wind locations such as baseball field fences. Like vinyl banners, mesh banner printing is a great solution to print bold graphics and vivid colors.
Improper care and storage of banners can result in deterioration and loss of image/design quality. Since vinyl banners are generally reused for events, here are some steps you can follow to take proper care of them:
- When moving your banner, take care to only place it on clean surfaces. You do not want to set your banner on a dirty table or floor.
- Banners are more likely to collect dirt and grime when placed outside but should be cleaned regularly no matter where they are set up. To clean a vinyl banner, use a soft, damp washcloth. If this does not remove the dirt, you can use mild soap.
- Do not use any cleaning products or chemicals to clean your vinyl banner. This may result in the peeling and fading of the design.
- Ensure that the banner is fully dry prior to storing so it does not collect mold or mildew. Roll the banner around a tube for storage to avoid wrinkles, tunneling or rippled edges.
- Store your banner in a cool and dry place.
Foam board signs are common at promotional events because they can be used for tabletop displays, tri-fold displays and event signage. To ensure that your foam boards can be used for numerous events, follow these general maintenance steps:
- Be careful when carrying foam board signs. Because the material is lightweight, it may bend or break if dropped. It is especially vulnerable on the corners. The outside layer can also be cut or damaged by sharp objects, so handle it with care.
- Location: Foam board is not intended to stay outside for extended periods of time, as it cannot withstand extended exposure to sun or moisture.
- Cleaning: If you need to clean your foam board, less is more. Over-cleaning this type of sign can actually cause more harm than good. A damp cloth is all you need to clean these signs. Stay away from harsh materials that may damage your design and the foam core.
- Storage: Store your signs in a cool, dry location where they will not be at risk of damage. Do not set anything heavy or sharp against the foam or it may bend and break.
Here’s Your Sign to Work with Target Print & Mail
You want your promotional materials for events to last as long as possible and we are here to make sure you receive products of the highest quality. No matter what event you are attending, Target Print & Mail is your headquarters for all promotional items.
Not only can we create reusable tablecloths, banners and signs, but we will also make sure you have plenty of handout promotional materials. From branded apparel to key tags to drinkware, we have everything you need for your next promotional event.
Ready to take the next step? Click here to get a quote today.